Unique 2-day training in Business Intelligence & Analytics
In our Business Intelligence Training course you will learn everything you need to know to make of BI / Analytics successful in your business. You may be convinced that with the right information and key insights, better results can be achieved. But you also know that this isn’t easy, because:
- How to find the 1 million dollar insights, genuine KPIs, and how do you make a business case?
- How to deal with Big Data, a great diversity of data sources, and Predictive Analytics?
- How to approach the most critical BI success factors?
- How to involve all the stakeholders (both business and IT) in the BI initiative?
- Which BI tools are on the market, and how do you build a sustainable BI infrastructure?
- What is the best project approach, what are the right steps to take, and how do you manage the risks and opportunities involved?
If you need answers to one or more of the questions above, our 2-day Business Intelligence training course comes highly recommended.
Implement BI process improvements with success
In two intensive course days you will become acquainted with all the key business intelligence aspects needed to successfully implement BI process improvements. People who completed our 2-day BI course are perfectly equipped to take the rights steps and make the best decisions in their BI project.
Customer testimonial: would be pleased to attend again
“Very organized, good pace, calm/cool delivery, instructor is very “thoughtful” and encouraged participation, would be pleased to attend again.”
What you will learn in our Business Intelligence training
You’ll learn all you need to know about key performance indicators (KPIs), data visualization, data warehousing, project management, achieving success with business intelligence, Big Data architectures and tools, predictive analytics, and mobile BI. Become a true master in Business Intelligence and attend this unique, interactive Business Intelligence (BI) training.
The training program, 100% vendor-neutral
This practical Business Intelligence course is 100% vendor-neutral and will provide you with compressed, directly applicable knowledge to make business intelligence a real success. You will learn all the skills and techniques needed to achieve success. In two intensive days, students will be prepared for a leading / advisory role in BI:
Part 1: The basics, trends in BI & Analytics, KPIs & world class intelligence
- The 5 major international trends:
- Mobile & social BI: will everyone be connected to Business Intelligence?
- Big Data: a hype, big business, or somewhere in between?
- Business Analytics (BA): are the vendors trying to create the next fad?
- Self service BI: even more easily than before, users can produce nonsense.
- Business Intelligence in the cloud: what are the benefits, the possibilities, and the impossibilities? When should you use it and when shouldn’t you?
- Measuring Less & Knowing More (KPIs): “Core performance metrics often fail to register trouble on the horizon”. Important lessons from Harvard are used to demonstrate the importance of having the right metrics on your dashboard. You will learn what key performance indicators are (including the 7 characteristics), what they exactly measure and how to identify them. This module ends with a practical KPI assignment where you practice using the KPI decision tree.
- World-class intelligence: In this part of the business intelligence training you learn how to create world-class intelligence: how do you discover and define 1 million dollar insights for your own company? Trainer Daan van Beek demonstrates a real-life example report worth 8 million dollars. In addition, you’ll learn how to use these key insights, and above all how to benefit from them in order to increase your companies’ profitability and the return on investment (ROI). Finally, an analytical assignment is given to find these insights in your own organization.
Part 2: Data visualization, project control & governance, predictive analytics
- Data Visualization: after lunch intermezzo: How to turn your data into actionable insights? You will learn all fifteen steps that are involved in BI / Analytics. Many of them are very important with respect to data visualization. Next, you will learn the psychology behind data visualization and decision making; a top documentary from the BBC ‘How to make better decisions?’ will be discussed. In addition, you will discover when to use lines, bars, bubbles, animation, pies, colors and more importantly, when not to. The intermezzo ends with a few practical assignments.
- Project management & governance: This part of the BI training starts with how to make a solid business case for Business Intelligence. And you will be familiarized with the 10 steps to project success: a proven project methodology. And you will learn what is needed to do agile BI & scrum. Next, the most important pitfalls are covered (and how to avoid them) and the key topics that should be in your project plan. Finally, a business intelligence governance & maturity model is presented.
- Predictive analysis & modeling: This part covers all you need to know about predictive analytics from a human perspective, machine learning, data mining & text mining. What are the best algorithms? And, what are typical applications of predictive analytics? Finally, an overview of the tools is given, and this part ends with a group discussion and assignment.
Part 3: Predictive Leadership and Business Intelligence frameworks
- Predictive leadership: How to establish predictive leadership? The trainer presents several cases and the steps to a successful implementation of predictive analytics. Learn how the Police of Amsterdam catches more criminals and solves more cases using analytics. How did they get the job done? What were their steps to success? In addition, this part covers the 5 biggest pitfalls in predictive analytics, which type of data is needed, and the best predictive analytics architectures.
- Business Intelligence frameworks: You will learn how to define and implement a BI framework, establishing role-based access to your reports and dashboards. Such a framework helps you:
- to achieve superior performance and enhance the User eXperience (UX);
- to provide the right information instantly to the right person in the right format;
- to lower the maintenance burden on reports and dashboards substantially using the concept of reusability: object orientation + inheritance applied to BI.
You’ll also discover how to create business intelligence dashboards /apps in a few hours.
Part 4: BI architectures, tools & the 12 key success factors in BI / Analytics
- BI architectures: You will come to understand what a data warehouse is, and why and when you should have one. The training also elaborates on the most commonly used data warehouse architectures / models: 3NF, data vault, star scheme, and snow flake, and explains the differences. This module ends with an architecture assignment.
- Business Intelligence tools: in our Business Intelligence Tools Survey we researched all the major Business Intelligence Tools in detail; at least 90% of the market is covered. The trainer gives an overview of the market, elaborates on the different vendors and tools, presents the most important selection criteria and explains why they are so important. Finally, the major steps in the software selection process are presented.
- Key success factors in BI: from a detailed study among 400 organizations it became clear that achieving success with BI / Analytics is far from easy. In the same study, the researchers discovered the 12 most critical success factors involved in achieving better financial performance with Business Intelligence. In addition, the Ahold case is presented and discussed. They won the Dutch Business Intelligence Award for their outstanding achievements in BI / Analytics. What can we learn from them? This part ends with a group discussion and finally, the trainer gives a wrap-up of the two days.
Why should you attend this BI-training?
✓ In 2 days you will learn the basics, the key details and latest insights
✓ Very practical, directly applicable to your daily business to improve BI / Analytics
✓ Letting you become more successful by mastering business intelligence
✓ Many examples, top cases, best & worst practices and tips
✓ High Quality: average evaluation scores 4.4 out of 5 (more testimonials)
Customer experience: Excellent!
“Excellent! The Business Intelligence course of the Passionned Group provided me with an understanding & best practices and approaches that help me feel that a BI strategy + a Data Warehouse are within reach.”
New York, USA
Who should register for the training?
This Business Intelligence training is highly interactive and is developed for Business Intelligence consultants, IT managers, architects, BI managers, Directors of Finance, managers of performance management, data warehouse managers, and for everyone who is interested in being more successful with Business Intelligence, reporting and dashboards.
Are you interested in attending this Business Intelligence course?
Places are limited so book early!